Applications for summer trips are flowing in! Click here to apply now!

The Greatest Rehab Ever Known

We are so excited to share the ways that God moved in our team today. We spent the beginning of our day enjoying a beautiful five-mile hike to the top of a mountain near the house we stay. The mountain overlooks the majority of Panama City, and you can see God’s beautiful creation for miles. At the top of the mountain, we focused on the text of Luke 19 in the Bible. In this passage, Jesus overlooks Jerusalem and weeps over the city before the famous triumphal entry. The students then prayed over the city and the rest of the work that needed to be done while we spend our last week here. After this, we headed to the mission field.

Our first two sites were spent in a poverty stricken neighborhood, and the Lord moved in mighty ways among the people there. We saw several large groups of people become new brothers and sisters in Christ at those areas. Directly across the street, was a drug rehabilitation center, and we were invited to perform the drama there. As we entered, we noticed a lot of angry, hurt souls staring at us. We set up the drama to a silent and awkward crowd and began to share the greatest story ever told. After the drama was over, the crowd erupted with applause and cheers, and one of our students shared his own testimony of how drugs and alcohol once ruled his life. He said that God had brought him there for the specific purpose of telling them that there was a way to break out of the bondage they had been living in, and he presented him with the single character  of Jesus Christ.

Once the drama was over, the number of response cards gathered of new believers was massive. The crowd was greatly moved by the student’s story, and many of them had been in and out of the center multiple times in their lives. We were so blessed to see so much fruit today! We serve such a mighty God, and He is so amazing to use our team to glorify Him.  We read every single comment that is posted to the team, and they are so thankful for your loving thoughts and prayers. Our team hopes that you will continue to lift them up to the Father as we are continuing to do His will. Specific prayers for focus and energy would be greatly appreciated during this last week of ministry.

Your CCs,

Dustin and Meagann

Share Button

9 response to The Greatest Rehab Ever Known

• Bellamy Looney says:

The angels in Heaven are rejoicing, as are we, over those who were drawn to the Savior today. “So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11) When we are in the center of God’s will what amazing things He can do through us. So thankful you were able to see so much fruit today. We will continue to pray for unity, strength, stamina, and focus as you continue to do His will. We love you Mary Jayne and we are counting down the days until we get a big ol’ Mary Jayne hug! You know you give the best ones. Just because we love you- Momma, Daddy, and Van

• Ryan T Reach says:

Wow, what amazing things God is doing. Each time I read a new update I praise God for letting this team experience God’s activity in Panama.

After being on the mission field for three weeks I’m sure everyone is getting a little tired, but God is not done yet. I pray that you will rely on God’s strength even more this last week.

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31 ESV)

• Cheryl Tenbrook says:

I’m so excited to see what God is doing through this group. We continue to pray for your team’s health, safety and endurance. Kati, do you remember when you were a kid and you woke me up at camp because you were afraid of a fly crawling on the ceiling above your bunk? Look at you now, hiking 5 miles in the jungle! Remember, you are always stronger than you think you are when you are relying on God. Finish well and come back as a missionary to our Third Floor. Phil. 4:13.

• Janet McQuilliams says:

Mya & Kati, I’m praying your last week in Panama will be full of God’s awesome power and blessings! He has obviously been at work there and I am so glad He has allowed this team to join Him in this work. Love & prayers to you all!

• Angel Balenti says:

Beautiful news, God is good-all the time….All the time-God is good- even in the jungle. These are powerful stories and I’m so thankful that He chose you all to be his messengers to a lost world. I love reading all that God is doing through this team and I can’t wait to hear the Bristow team share their stories at home. Happy Independence Day to you all. Brady, I made Bella wear her 4th of July outfit the other day shopping, she said (as she’s admiring herself in the mirror), “I look like a flag , except flags have 1 leg and I have 2!”. She is missing you and has been sleeping in your bed. Abs misses you too and can’t wait to see you next weekend.
    Love and miss you~mom & dad
    **Let your light shine**

• Chad Thompson says:

No greater joy than doing what God has created you to do. I love hearing how Lives are changes forever. What a powerful testimony of God’ power.

• Nikki Smith Reach says:

I love hearing the updates and hearing how God is working trough you all. I pray for strength and focus as you finish this last week.

Kati – I am so proud of you and can’t wait to hear all about your weeks in Panama. I am praying for you for strength to finish strong. I love you! Mama.

• Ginger says:

As I read your posts I see you have experienced God’s beauty on the mountain tops as well as His Grace given to the lost. I am greatful for you as a team to be willing vessels God can and is using for His Kingdom. My prayer for you all as you start your last week is that God will show Himself in a bold and mighty way to someone who maybe has yet to see our Savior. God is still working miracles in Panama and you will never know all the lives you have touched until Heaven. As I reflect on eternity and Heaven I get excited and know Heaven is getting sweeter all the time. God will one day say to this team “Well done thy good and faithful servants “. Continue to be safe and remember as you leave Panama know God is still there working in the midst. Kati Reach I will see you soon! I am excited to hear your journey in person. Your Mom and Dad have been real troopers in your absence. I know they will hug you to pieces when you get home. Hugs to all! Remember by His Grace for His Glory!

Ginger Knudsen

• Taylor Nimrichter says:

Mya, It’s so good to see all the pictures and hear what all you have been doing. I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get home. I miss you and can’t wait to see you.

Leave a response