Applications for summer trips are flowing in! Click here to apply now!

Jesus Ministry in Trujillo

Greetings from Trujillo! This morning before beginning drama ministry the team enjoyed a delicious breakfast of pancakes and eggs at Tito’s house. Today was our last day with Tito. As we gathered in his home, the team was able to express to him how grateful they are for all the work he has been doing. Tito also thanked the students for their willingness to come and share Christ’s love with the people of Peru. This was a great time of loving and encouraging one another in the faith. We are so thankful for the body of Christ!

Today has been an amazing day of ministry. The students have been in great moods and are really taking advantage of the time we have left to minister in Peru. At our first site the students performed the drama at a marketplace. A group of our students were able to talk with a man who is a believer in Christ. As they prayed for him and encouraged him in his walk with the Lord, he asked if he could share a story. The man told his testimony about how he was once very ill and could not walk. He did not know the Lord and this was a very discouraging time in his life. One day while he was sitting in the hospital another man came to visit him. This man was a believer and prayed for his healing. After this the man began to get better! He knew that it was because of God’s power that he was getting better and he gave his life to the Lord. The students were so encouraged by this man’s testimony and how the Lord is continuing to use him. We rejoice together that we were able to meet and encourage one of our brothers in Christ!

At another drama site the students witnessed the Lord drawing in a crowd. As they set up to perform the drama there were not very many people around. However, as we have graciously seen before the Lord began to draw people in and soon there was a large crowd surrounding the drama. Afterwards, the students went out with a sense of urgency to share the good news of Jesus Christ. We saw many people give their lives to the Lord! We know that in heaven there is a big celebration happening over those who have come to Christ!

Thank you once again for all of your prayers. The Lord is moving in mighty was here in Trujillo and it is evident that He is answering our prayers. Please continue to pray for endurance and strength as our time of departure in drawing near. The Lord has done amazing things in Peru but He is not done working yet! Thank you again for praying for us. Everyone is looking forward to sharing many more of these amazing stories!

Tanner and Amy

Share Button

8 response to Jesus Ministry in Trujillo

• Karen Smith says:

We are thankful with you for Pastor Tito’s willingness to leave his family and minister with and among you. So encouraged to hear how God is working there! It will be exciting to see the changes He has made in you guys. We’re praying for your safe travel and that God will continue to surprise you with opportunities. Praying for you, Tyler’s Mom & Dad

• Ashley Brewer says:

Jared,

I know that your journey is coming to an end, and you must be sad. BUT I cannot wait to hear of the wonderful things God is doing in Peru! Don’t forget Psalm 121:5, “The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.” God is protecting you; there is nothing in your time in Peru that He didn’t have a hand in! Have a safe trip home and remember that you and your team have a lot of people praying for you!

Love,
    Ashley

• Mistie Roberts says:

What a wonderful day! It is great hearing how The Lord is working in you all and so many seeds are being planted in Peru and to hear the team as well as other believers being encouraged during your ministry…God is so mighty and so marvelous!!! I just can’t wait to hear more stories 🙂 keep one another encouraged and uplifted each day and every day that follows..you now have a new family in one another and memories to last forever! God has his divine encounter just putting you all together..so proud of you all! Thank you for being so strong and obedient!
    Hannah love you sis! Give Mal a hug for me 🙂
    Rah rah love you brother..give tanner a hug for me!
    Garrett love you brother ..give Hannah a hug for me!
    Mal I love you sis..give rah rah a hug for me!
    Tanner I love you son..give Garrett a hug for me!
    Cannot wait to see you all!!! Praying for you 🙂
    MOM & DAD

• Jean Bench says:

We are so grateful for men like Tito who will take time away from their families to go and minister with the team. I know he is a great help to all of you.
    Please tell HannahKate that the freezer is full of fettuccini and we have a new box of Cheez-Its just waiting for her. We are so ready for her to get home. Praying for health and safety during your last days of ministry. God bless.

• Casie Black says:

God is Great and will continue to hear our prayers. The time has seemed to go so quickly with you being gone. I miss you much son but love to see the man for Christ you are. Our thoughts,prayers and love for you as you begin your journey home soon. To the team you all are amazing individuals to give you time and heart to follow your calling for our mighty God. I agree with many comments that others have written and think your impact back home is just as great on those you touch daily. Let your light shine wherever you travel. Love and can’t wait to talk soon Kyle. Safe travels. Love Mom and Dad

• Tami Ragan says:

God has done so many amazing things in Peru you are leaving a living legacy that will impact so many for generations to come, love you all be safe and God bless give ole Dylan a hug for us.

• sheryl Holland says:

I am praying everyday for all of you. We love and miss our Rachael MayAnn please give her a hug from her Momma, Mimi, Uncle Bubba, Aunt Kelly, and Pappa. I cant wait to see all of you and hear your experiences. Keep up the great work!

• Stephanie Stoll says:

So many of us have been praying that you guys would finish strong….it definitely sounds like you are! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness, His healing power and the for the love He has for each of us! We continue to pray for the Peru team!

Madelyn, in 4 days I get to hug your neck! I can’t wait!!! I love you so much and can’t wait to see you! I’ve missed you so much! I’m going to hug Malachi and Meridith too….I may hug everyone! You have all been warned!

See you soon!!!!