Applications for summer trips are flowing in! Click here to apply now!

Excited for Ministry in Huamachuco

Greetings family and friends! We have made it safely to Huamachuco and are getting some rest before we begin ministry. It has been a long couple days of travel, and the team is anxious to get started ministering here. It is a bit chilly, especially in relation to the heat in Bagua, but this gives us a freshness and renews our strength. We know that our God is a consuming fire and that He will bring more people to himself. We are thankful to be a part of what He is about to do here in Huamachuco.

Please pray for energy and perseverance as we get closer to the end of this trip. We know that the Lord still has a tremendous amount of ministry here in Peru. Also pray for the hearts of the people in Huamachuco. Pray that the Lord would move here and that their hearts would be softened to hear and understand the gospel. Thank you so much for all you are doing.

– Tanner and Amy

Share Button

18 response to Excited for Ministry in Huamachuco

• Kelly Krupp says:

Mikayla,
    I know you have got be exhausted, but I just want to encourage you to finish strong, remember why you are there, and to always respond with the kind of love God has received you with. I cannot tell you enough how very proud I am of you or how much I miss you! I am counting the days until we get to come pick you up. Oh, how I miss you!
    I love you so very much! Know that we are praying and thinking of you often.
    Love, Kelly

• Kimberly Schmeckenbecher Carpe says:

Mikayla- I couldn’t have said it any better than Kelly! Finish strong, sweet girl! I can’t wait to see your sweet face. I see a glow! 🙂 I continue to pray for renewed strength and encouragement. I miss you sweet one! And Micah, Heidi, and Eisley cannot wait to see you soon!!

Razi- We commissioned your parents and their team Sunday as they prepare to head to Peru! They are so proud of you!! Shine your light.

HannahKate-You have amazed me with your passion and love for the people of Peru. I know your family is so proud of you, but even more, your heavenly Father receives all the glory of your obedience and compassion. You blow me away!

Rachael- I am so proud of your obedience to God in going on this trip. You faced every obstacle with God-given courage. Finish strong and remember His strength is made perfect in our weakness. You are strong, girl! (And a hoot as well!) 🙂

Dylan- You are amazing! Press on as you experience His work in your life. I know your parents are so proud of your commitment to serving the Lord in everything.

We love each and every one of you! God is good ALL the time!

• Casie Black says:

Kyle- It was great to hear your voice. You make us proud back home. I will continue to pray for the team and the works you all are doing. Don’t stress about your bank card you just picked saving instead of checking and the bank said your card is still active. You have a great heart of giving and are a amazing young man. Press on in this last bit of time you all have left and May Christ have the glory!Love and miss you Mom and Dad

• Denyse Bench says:

I’m glad you all made it safely to Huamachuco. I’m sure you are worn out. Praying that The Lord will renew your strength and undergird you these next few days. Bundle up and stay warm. Love you, HannaKate. Be sweet and hug a kid for me 😉

• Baltazar Alvarez says:

Mikayla – Georgia and I are so proud of you for what you and your team are accomplishing there in Peru. We await the time when you can come home and tell us every detail about your trip. We love you and can hardly wait to see you again. Finish well young lady. We’re praying for you. Georgia and B. B.

Razi-Be the young man God has called you to be and finish this mission well. I am proud of you and can’t wait to hear your side of the story. B.B.

• Jean Bench says:

HannahKate, enjoy that cool weather, Texas is HOT! I say that but it has been a couple of degrees cooler the past two days but the heat is coming back soon. I am glad your travels have been safe ones and now you can go on with the ministry you went there to do. We love and miss you and we are getting some good pictures of Jordan for you. Praying for all of you that these last few days there will bring many to Christ through you . God bless.

• Jeanie McSherry says:

So glad to hear y’all made it up the mountain!! Thanks for letting the kids call home I need it 🙂 praying for you all!!! Malachi I love you lots!!!!

• Angela Hudgins says:

Dylan we were thinking of you last week as we ate a Terry’s. Ryan misses his office co-worker. We also laugh and say “Where’s Dylan when you need him.” The crazy, awesome thing is we wouldn’t have it any other way knowing that you are Glorying God in all that you are doing. We are counting down the days- VBS too! So very proud of you!
    Razi- Cora is still practicing guitar. Thank you for investing in her. We are continuing to pray for you and the team. We are also praying for your mom and dad on their mission trip. We are proud of you! Praying for strength and patience.
    Mikayla- I can’t wait to hear your stories of what God has done. Praying for you in the days ahead. I know that you have planted and watered many seeds. Proud of you! Love ya
    Rachael- I can still hear your laugh and see your smile. We are very proud of you. Continue to show God’s love to the people of peru. I am praying for strength and endurance for you as the end of the trip is near. I love you!
    Hannah- you are so loved here back home. Your friends miss you but they are so very proud of you. We pray for you as you continue to lead out as a MOM. THank you for your passion and love for people. Can’t wait to hear all about the stories. Love ya.

• Jenny Hammond Crum says:

Mikayla, I’m so proud of you sweet girl! It has been way too long since I’ve seen your sweet face in person but know that I pray for you often! Will and I know God is using you in indescribable ways to impact His kingdom. We will continue to pray for you while you give your all for the calling! I love you bunches! Your ( other) big sister, Jenny
    PS Liam and Carli love you too!

• Matt Ball says:

Hey Yall, ya remember in “Despicable Me” when the main guy is surrounded by his minions and says, “We stole the statue of liberty!” and they break out in thunderous applause. Then he says, “the one in Vegas” and they are let down cuz they all know it was a counterfeit. Please remember that Satan’s victories are only counterfeit compared to the absolute victory of our Savior and God, Jesus Christ! I’m sure that you are tired but (please forgive me) PUSH HARDER THAN EVER! I simply mean that the Living One is in you and He has the victory and no power can stop Him. Please know that you have the prayers of many saints behind you, so struggle with His power at work within you. He will sustain you! Hannah, babe, “leave it all on the field”. We sure loved hearing your voice yesterday. We love you and miss you. Tanner, Rasheed, Mal, Garrett … We love you and miss you too. PROCLAIM HIS NAME WITH ALL YOU’VE GOT! AMEN!

• Sara Matlack says:

Hannah!!!!!! I love and miss you so much!!!! It’s so exciting to read about y’all’s trip and I’m so happy to see that smile on your face when you’re with those kids(: I’m praying for you everyday and I’m so blessed to have you! Y’all have a great team it seems like and I can’t wait to hear all about them!(: love you so much and your constantly on my mind. Oh and the youth is going amazing!!! Rachael I know you’re going to be coming home to a youth who will hold you up and keep your faith going! Y’all are in my family group now!!! You’ll learn about that haha what’s awesome is that you’re already forming a family group with the people you’re with on this trip and that’s so amazing. I’m praying for y’all and I love you so much!!!!! – smatty

• Karen Smith says:

We’re joining many who are praying for your rest after travel and for you to press on and finish well the race that God has set out for you in Peru. Lean into the finish line 🙂
    Tyler, hearing your voice was like rain in the desert! We just drank it in and were so thankful! Praying for you, love you, proud of you! Mom & Dad

• Susan Wilson Richey says:

Jackson- It was so good to hear your voice! We are praying for you and your team and love seeing pictures and reading the updates. We are so proud of you! Can’t wait to have you home and hear all about your time in Peru. Noah and Katey are really missing you. Praying for the endurance for you to finish strong. We love you! Mom and Dad 🙂

• sheryl Holland says:

Good morning Peru team! Im sure ya’ll are getting ready for some great ministry today. Praying for ya’ll endurance and safety. Everything is great here and tell my Rachael Mayann i miss and love her cant wait to see all of you!

• Matt Brown says:

Grateful for safe travel and praying that you all finish strong!

Hannah Ruth, I love you very much! The beauty of the Lord shines out of you in amazing ways. I’m overwhelmed by how the Lord uses you to love and minister to so many. Be encouraged to remain bold and humbled in His presence. I love you and can’t wait to hug your neck.

• Tami Ragan says:

Just a note to say we love you all and look forward to your return tell Dylan granny Joy and papa Hugh, Tari,David, Ky, Kylee, Traci, Tace,Ty, Ethan, your mom and me love you so very much keep up the Good Work

• Laura says:

Praying and rejoicing over all we have read….march on!!

• Marcelo & Susan says:

I was very happy to hear your voice and knowing you are doing fine. You are doing a great job! I am very proud of you Sweetheart. I can’t wait to hear all details from you. Keep up the good work submitting to God and strong in your faith. Be safe. We are praying for you and all in the team. Mom and Patrick miss you. Love you Rebecca.

Leave a response