Applications for summer trips are flowing in! Click here to apply now!

Blown Away by His Power

Hello family and friends! We are continually blown away by how the Lord moves the hearts of people.  As the team went out to minister one of the dramas was performed on a street corner. As the students set up the drama we looked around and noticed that there were not very many people at the site. Although this was disappointing at first, we were reminded that the drama is an act of worship to our God alone and that we will worship Him whether there is one person or no people at all. As the students started to do the drama for an audience of One a crowd began to gather! Soon there was a large crowd around the students and trucks were passing in front of people, blocking their view of the drama. But our Lord has all authority and can use something as simple as a truck to draw a crowd. One of the trucks stopped and blocked the rest of traffic from passing in front of the people. This allowed many people to hear the gospel and as a result we now have many more brothers and sisters in Christ!

Today we were also able to do the drama at a school. Some of the students noticed a group of kids playing soccer in the distance. Throughout the drama our students prayed diligently that they would come to know the Lord. After the drama, a group of our students went to talk with them. The Holy Spirit moved mightily in their hearts and they each prayed to receive Christ as Lord of their life! Oh how the harvest is plentiful here in Huamachuco!

Please continue to pray that the Lord would draw people to Himself. Tomorrow is our last day of ministry in Huamachuco and we are anticipating all the Lord has in store! Thank you for your prayers! The Lord is good!

Share Button

13 response to Blown Away by His Power

• Jeanie McSherry says:

Wow that is so so cool!!!! It amazes me what God uses to bring Himself Glory! I love that!!!! thanks so much for adding more pictures! They are so good! The pictures and stories are our saving grace while our kids are away and unable to communicate with them. It’s hard for us Momma’s. Praying for an abundance of Grace on each one of you. I know you must be tired and maybe a little homesick. But God will carry you through and it’s going to be an amazing week for you all. Malachi Dad says he loves you and is very proud of you…and so am I. Keep the pictures and updates coming and finish your journey strong!

• On Our Knees says:

Praise the Lord as you continue to proclaim the Good News to the people of Huamachuco. What a blessing that the Lord is allowing you to plant as well as see His harvest. May He continue to confirm the work of your hands. May you all continue to seek Him and draw near to Him in His Word daily. Praying that He, because He is the Ultimate Mult-Tasker, would work in your hearts to show you more of who He is and how He works.
    Run to Him as your Strong Tower. Bow before Him as the King of kings and great One and only.
    We can hardly wait to hear your stories of and praise Him for all He has done through you. What a fellowship of joy it will be!
    Until then, we will continue to pray you through the days and nights…
    “I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High.” Psalm 9:1-2
    “I love Thee, O LORD, my strength.” The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is wothy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” Psalm 18:1-3
    Battle on! Stand firm! Shine & proclaim His name boldly!
    Know that you are being lifted up and dearly loved from afar. In His powerful Name, we pray, in Jesus’ name,
    The McMahans
    P.S. Hunter, so sad to have missed your call, but dad said you sounded awesome, he relayed your stories and said it was amazing to listen to your excitement and the work the Lord was doing! I loved the picture of you with the little guy on your shoulders…such a perfect example of how the Lord has given you a heart for His little ones! I love you, Bud!

• Karen Smith says:

God’s sovereignty is Amazing! I love the reminder that God uses ALL thing/ALL people to fulfill His purpose – even seemingly random trucks! May your last day in Huamachuco be blessed by His Spirit’s leading and working in this Peru team and in the people of Huamachuco. Loved the new pictures! The children/people watching the drama; the gospel being shared one on one, spur us to continued prayer. Your smiles warm our hearts – Tyler, especially yours for us!!!! We love you! Mom & Dad

• Susan Wilson Richey says:

Continue to be overwhelmed by the stories of how God is working. Praying that you have a great last week and a safe trip home. It was so good to see the new pics. Jackson, we miss you and can’t wait to have you home. We are so proud of you!

• Stephanie Stoll says:

Thanks for posting new pictures! I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures to go along with it. The children in Peru have the sweetest faces and now to know that they have a place in God’s kingdom! So awesome! Keep at it, finish strong! I am so proud of you Madelyn and all of your team!
    We miss you so much….last night we watched fireworks in Keifer, it was fun, but just not the same without you and Malachi there! I will see you guys in a week!
    Love you!!!

• Marcelo & Susan says:

We serve an awesome God!!!! How thrilling it is to witness the mighty works of God. We keep praying that God keeps using you in a mighty way for His glory.

Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
    Isaiah 41:10
    Happy Fourth of July!
    We love you Rebecca and everyone on the team
    Susan, Marcelo, Patrick and Toby

• Claudia Ramirez says:

We serve an AMAZING GOD! So many things happen around us, that we do not understand, but God knows exactly what is going on. We need to give it over to Him and have the full understanding that He is in control and will give us the way out no matter what. God honored the fact that you all had in your heart to do the drama for one person or for more. I will continue praying for the whole team. Razi-This is the last time I will be able to communicate with you (I think). We will be traveling to Peru all day tomorrow 7/5. I can not wait to be in Peru. What a privilege to work in the ministry with you…different ministry team, different regions, but under the same authority of our Lord Jesus Christ. I love you dearly. I am honored to be your MOM on this earth.

• Tami Ragan says:

We are thinking about all of you all and so proud of everything you are doing. God bless you as you continue His work. Someone give Ole Dylan a hug for us. Mom, Dad, Ethan and everyone else in Az.

• Denyse Bench says:

As much as we miss you all, it’s hard to believe your time there is drawing to a close. I am praying that you will see God move in even bigger and more powerful ways these next few days. Rachel, Dylan, Razi and Mikayla–praying for each one of you! HannahKate–love you. Can’t wait to hear your laugh and hug your neck! Be sweet!

• Jean Bench says:

While reading about how God is blessing you there in Peru and many are coming to Christ I was thinking how neat it would be if Awestar could do something like a mission trip in America. Our country so needs the Lord and many are turning away from our churches, we are a mission field waiting to be harvested. The skit you do seems to draw people when other things don’t. Just a thought. Please tell our HannahKate we missed her yesterday while we were celebrating our freedom but I know she is where she needs to be. Looking forward to all our kids coming home and letting us hear their stories. Razi, Rachel, Dylan, MiKayla, stay strong and God bless you all.

• Kelly Krupp says:

Mikayla!
    So proud of your boldness in speaking to these children about Christ! We’re praying for you! See you soon!

• Tiffani Tanner says:

So thankful that God is moving in Peru! I’ve been praying for y’all! HannahKate I miss you SOSOSOSO much! Sara and I wish that you were back so we can have sleepovers before college starts back up. I can’t wait to hear all of your stories! I love you & I’m counting down to the days that I can see you (:
    -Tiffani Tanner

• John Hatfield says:

Maddie and team,
    Love and freedom from America to you all in the South!
    Prayers are flooding Peru everyday. We are proud to be with you in song and Spirit.
    See you in da lobbies!